Bookplate of Thomas Westell Cuthbert
Nec Minus Fortiter
Born around 1800.
I have received the following note from Guy Williams.
Henry Cuthbert married Hannah Rush in January 1774 at Whatfield,
Suffolk. They had 4 children that I can trace:
1. Henry c 02 Oct 174
2. Thomas c 13 Sep 1748
3. Susanna c15 Sep 1757
4. John Rush c 01 Apr 1761 all in Hadleigh
Thomas and John were in partnership as wax and tallow merchants in London at the beginning of the 1800s. John was married to Harriot (nee Pickering?)and lived in Walcot Place, Lambeth.
Thomas married Elizabeth Ranson in 1790 at Hartest and they had:
1. Thomas Westell Cuthbert c1800
2. John Ranson Cuthbert m Sarah Mary Anne Howard of Blakenham Hall
3. Elizabeth Harriot Cuthbert m William Quilter of Bawdsey Hall in Suffolk
4. Hannah Cuthbert
Thomas Westall Cuthbert married Ann Field, around 1826, and they had
1. Mary Ann Cuthbert (only child) married John Williams. John Williams was a coal merchant in Cheltenham.
Mary Ann was the second wife of John Williams. They had:
1. Cuthbert Williams c1865
2. Frank Williams
3. Florence Marian Williams (born c 1869) who married in 1891, Charles Thomas Moy (1860-????).
Cuthbert was a wine merchant in Cambridge. Cuthbert married
Louisa Clarabut and they had 3 children:
1. Basil Cuthbert Williams b 04 Oct 1896
2. Evelyn Mary Williams
3. Gwendoline Williams
(home) (bookplate list all) (Bookplate List Cuthbert)