Charlotte Mary Lady Harvey
Born: 1793? or 1796?, baptised 24
May 1796 at Watton and died 23 March 1869
Daughter of: Robert Harvey Esq (1753-1820) and Charlotte Purdy (1718?-1790).
Sister of: Robert Harvey (1794-1794).
Charlotte married: her cousin Maj Gen Sir Robert John Harvey (1785-1860) son of John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1809).
Charlotte and Robert had issue:
1. Julia Sutton nee Harvey (1816-????) who married Capt Samuel Ives Sutton (1807-1850)
2. Sir Robert John Harvey (1817-1870).
3. Daughter Harvey
4. Maria Frances Harvey (1821-1845).
5. John Harvey (1822-1874).
6. Charles Onley Harvey (18??-1824).
7. Edward Kerrison Harvey (1826-1906) who married 1st: Emma Susanna Chevallier (1828-1886), 2nd: Sophia Elizabeth Beevor (1843-1924).
8. Archibald Harvey (18??-1827).
Charlotte Mary Lady Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Charlotte comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. The book 'A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain' By John Burke, published 1836, page 400, Harvey of Thorpe.
3. Norfolk Record Office. Copy of will and codicils of Dame Charlotte Mary Harvey, died 23 March 1869.
4. Her portrait is recorded in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Rainthorpe Hall, The Property of Sir Charles Harvey Bart, 6th August 1907. Page 168.
5. Registers from St Mary's Parish Church, Watton.
A family portrait of the three daughters of Sir Robert and Lady Harvey.
Maria, Julia and Emma. Painted by George Clint ARA, Jan 1841. Mrs Long, aged 22, married to Rev H Long, Rector of Newton, Swainsthorpe, Norfolk. Mrs Sutton, aged 24, married to S I Sutton, Captain in the Army. Miss Harvey, age 20. This portrait is recorded in the book 'Portraits in Norfolk Houses' by Prince Frederick Duleep Singh, Vol 2, undated but published around 1928. Rainthorpe Hall, The Property of Sir Charles Harvey Bart, 6th August 1907. Page 171. George Clint also painted a number of other portraits of the Harvey family including Sir Robert John Harvey and his son John Harvey.
If anyone can add more information about Charlotte I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org