Beachamwell is also spelt Beacham Well, Beechamwell.
Born: Not known but probably baptized 24 April 1642 at St Mary the Virgin, Beachamwell. Probably died 1695 (Burke's)
Son of: Robert Harvey (1633?-1678) and Amy Harvey of Beachamwell.
Half brother of:
1. Elizabeth Hervie 1618-?
2. Anna Hervie 1620-?
3. Christian Harvie 1622-?
4. Constance Harvie 1630-?
5. William Harvy 1633-1700ish?
6. Elizabeth Harvy 1635-?
7. Edward Harvey 1636-?
8. Amey Harvey 1639-?
9. Margaret Harvey 1644-?
Robert married: Not known.
Robert had issue:
1. Robert Harvey (16??-1720) who married Mary Nurse daughter of William Nurse of Hilburgh.
2. John Harvey (1666-1742) who married1st, Ann Statham (1668?-1706?), 23 May 1693 in Heigham, Norfolk, daughter of William Statham. 2nd, Mary (1671?-1725).
Who was John Harvey Esq (1699-1750) of Ipswich son of J Harvey of Beecham Wells, Norfolk? John married Margaret Hunt, daughter of John Hunt Esq of Worlington, Norfolk. This information is recorded on his portrait.
Robert Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Robert Harvey comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
2. Information from various websites on the internet including the website for the Norfolk Museums, Norwich Castle Museum and Art Gallery.
3. Registers from the church of St Mary the Virgin, Beachamwell.
4. The book 'A Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Commoners of Great Britain' By John Burke, published 1836, page 400, Harvey of Thorpe.
Other than the above we do not really know very much about Robert.
If anyone can add more information about Robert Harvey I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org