Rosa Ranking nee Harvey
Born: 18 October 1805 and was
Christened 10 November 1805 at Thorpe next Norwich. She died in
Wandsworth in 1865 aged 60.
Daughter of: John Harvey (1755-1842) and Frances Kerrison (1765-1809).
1. Fanny Bellman nee Harvey (1784-1867) who married Rev Edmund Bellman (1773-1843).
2. Sir Robert John Harvey (1785-1860) who married Charlotte Mary Harvey (1793- 1869).
3. Marianne Day nee Harvey (1786-1812) who married the Rev Charles Day (1780-1856).
4. John Harvey (1787-1806).
5. Julia Harvey (1788-1808).
6. Emma Harvey (1790-1880).
7. Caroline Harvey (1792-1792).
8. George Harvey (1793-1831) who married Mary Ann Julia Beevor.
9. Louisa Harvey (1795-1810).
10. Caroline Mary Savill Onley nee Harvey (1797-1845) who married Onley Savill Onley (1795-1890).
11. Roger Kerrison Harvey (1802-1882) who married Eliza Beecroft.
12. Harriot Blakiston nee Harvey (1803-1886) who married Capt Thomas Blakiston RN (Thomas Blakeston, 1790-1861).
13. Augusta Trelawney nee Harvey (Augusta Lady Goring,1807-1875) who married 1st Sir Harry Dent Goring, 2nd John Trelawney (1793-18??).
14. Charlotte Blake-Humphrey nee Harvey (1809-1894) who married Robert Blake-Humphrey (1795-1886).
Rosa married: John Ranking RN (1798-18??).
Rosa and John had issue:
1. Rev John Harvey Ranking MA (1828-????) who married Julia Louisa Ranking nee ???.
2. George Edgar Ranking (1830-1865).
3. Harvey Ranking (1832-1911).
4. Ernest Ranking (1837-1857).
5. Emma Ranking (1843-????).
6. Gerald Ranking (1845-1854).
Rosa Ranking nee Harvey: An Overview
The information I have about Rosa comes from the following sources:
1. Information supplied to me by Carla Woodworth Lynas and based on
the 'Original Genealogical Collections, by the late Lieut. Col.
Robert John Harvey of Thorpe'. This is mentioned in a
publication called 'Walter Rye, Memoir Bibliography and Catalogue of
of his Norfolk Manuscripts in the Norwich Public Libraries' by Geo.
A. Stephen published in 1929? by the Public Libraries Committee,
Norwich. Original documents in the Norfolk Archives.
Multiple Portrait of the Harvey Family
If anyone can add more information about the above I would be very pleased to hear from you.
If you know any more please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org